IN CELEBRATION OF AUSTRALIA DAY
With Australia Day here and being out of the country, I must admit I am a little homesick. Surprising, because if I were home I would be working on Australia Day to plan for the upcoming teaching year and I am most certainly not missing that. To brighten the day I thought I would hunt down some incredible Aussie Travel Bloggers and share them with you all. There really isn’t a better way to spend Australia Day than promoting what my amazing fellow Australian colleagues are doing while they hop, jump and skip around the world.
So here it is, a list of INCREDIBLE Aussie Travel Bloggers that everyone should check out. Do yourself a favour, you know you want to!
- MY RIG ADVENTURES – Completely fed up with the rat race – mortgage, bills, school runs, work, repeat. My Rig Adventure sold the house in mid 2016 to live on the road.
- HAPPINESS & THINGS – Just little time to explore, Silke knows how to make every second count. She is a curious explorer and avid hobby photographer.
- THROUGH AN AUSSIE’S EYES – Helena, lives in Canberra and wants to bring the hidden gems that the world is hiding.
- TRAVELING HONEY BIRD – Jean is a coffee nerd, travel addict, horse rider and adventure racer. Coupled with James, the camera guy they make one mean Aussie travel blogging couple.
- FRUGAL FIRST CLASS TRAVEL – Jo has refined her packing techniques, her planning and ability to hunt down authentic experiences at a bargain price. Jo now pays less and travels more – in First Class.
- MAKE TIME TO SEE THE WORLD – Vicki who is actually English, coupled with her Aussie partner Gavin are skiers, scuba divers and foodies with a passion for travelling.
- TRAVEL WITH JOANNE – Joanne lives in a small river community on the Hawkesbury River, north of Sydney. She has set herself a challenge to explore suburban Sydney, visiting on suburb a fortnight to share with her readers. A Sydney lovers dream.
- NOT A BALLERINA – Amanda is not a ballerina, but a traveller and a thinker, who loves to write about her travel experiences in a way that is both fun and meaningful.
- LEGGING IT – After spending three years traveling around Europe on a motorcycle Ron and Michele are now at home sharing the beauty of Western Australia. Follow them as they live by the motto less things more experiences.
- ESCAPE WITH KIDS – Kirralee is a Sydney-based mum of two who squeezes in her love for travel in between making lunch boxes and picking up Lego.
- WANDERLUST STORYTELLERS – A crazy, fun-loving family of 5 with Andrzej, Dad, who immigrated from Poland and Jolene, Mum, who immigrated from South Africa.
Enjoying it? There are more Aussie Travel Bloggers to come. Keep reading!
- MAPPING MEGAN – Adrenalin junkies, and incredibly active travellers, Meg and Mike have been blogging since 2007 to bring their readers the best in adventure travel from all over the globe.
- AUSSIE ON THE ROAD – Chris daydreams of a life of scuba diving, beaches, drinking, video gaming and new adventures.
- TRAVEL-LING – A travelling couple consisting of Guy & Kim-Ling. Guy is an up-for-anything adventure addict who loves scuba diving, mountain biking and hiking, while Kim-Ling is determined to make travel blogging her career (unless Chocolate Taster or Professional Shoe Collector become viable career choices).
- THE TRUSTED TRAVELLER – Jen began The Trusted Traveller (TTT) in January 2014 because of her passion for travel and eagerness to help others plan their travels in the most prepared way possible.
- THE COMMON WANDERER – Mark & Miranda are a common Aussie couple travelling the world together. They wander the globe and share stories, guides, tips + hacks to inspire and empower you to travel deeper.
- WHO NEEDS MAPS – Jack who is Aussie with his American Partner Jenn use their blog to track all their adventures, misadventures, food experiments, random ramblings, interesting encounters and wild and crazy times they endure.
- BIG WORLD SMALL POCKETS – Steph is a travel addict! She has never been one for staying at home and working for too long, and she’s always had to make sure she can travel on the cheap to fund her nomadic lifestyle.
- POLKADOT PASSPORT – Nicola, a 22-year-old Aussie girl with a camera glued to her hands & adventure glued to her feet. She seeks out the most beautiful destinations & bucket list worthy experiences across the globe!
- OUR 3 KIDS V THE WORLD – Sally & Craig have 3 kids & love to travel both locally and overseas with their kids in tow. The aim of their blog is to share their discoveries and tips on how they manage to do what they do on an average yearly income.
- DARE 2 GO – Yasha & Juergen travel differently, not flying from one dream destination to the next. Instead, they take it slowly, take side roads, discover places aside from the typical “bucket list” and guidebook highlights. They drive and live in their self-built overland camper, called “Berta”.
Bored yet? Or still wanting to find more Aussie Travel Bloggers?
- THEY GET AROUND – Lexi & Steve are a young Australian couple with a passion for travel photography and scenic travel. Their blog hopes to inspire and improve your travel photography.
- A TASTE OF TRAVEL – Jenny loves to travel! She loves exploring the markets, trying new tastes and finding fabulous restaurants. So really her blog is also about food!
- NOMADIC NOTES – James and his blog Nomadic Notes is about his travels and life as a digital nomad. Nomadic Notes is a travel blog from the perspective of a long-term traveller. The site features travel guides, travel tips, and notes on places I have visited around the world.
- BITTEN BY THE TRAVEL BUG – Nicole is a frequent flying freelance writer and blogger who works in advertising. Bitten by the Travel Bug was created for people who don’t fit neatly into a box when they travel.
- THE TRAVELLING LINDFIELDS – David and Lyn make The Travelling Lindfields. David is a traveller – never happier than when sitting in an aeroplane headed to somewhere new, whereas Lyn tags along. They are both keen leisure cyclists and seek out bike paths wherever they go.
- A HOLE IN MY SHOE – Lyn and Steve, based in Perth, Western Australia gained a thirst for travel, which began in 2011, on their honeymoon and first overseas trip. In the next 2 years, they travelled to 16 countries and everyday they are one step closer to their next big adventure.
- WYLD FAMILY TRAVELS – A family from a small country town in East Gippsland Victoria, Australia. They originally got the travel bug way back in 1999 and have now infected their two daughters. They are hoping to inspire as many people as they can to get out there and travel!
- MELB TRAVEL – Melissa decided in 2004 to move from Australia to London with her fiancee to travel, take pictures and to experience other cultures. After 13 and half years, over 300 cities and 60+ countries, she is still in London and her hunger for travel, adventure, food, wine and culture is still growing.
- VAGRANTS OF THE WORLD – Kate and Mark of Vagrants Of The World focus on slow travel, iconic journeys and boutique holiday experiences. Immersing themselves in countries, sometimes for months at a time, they get to the heart of the destination.
- NOMADASAURUS – Alesha & Jarryd have been travelling the world together since 2008, searching for the planet’s best destinations and adventures. Through the art of storytelling and photography, they help their readers explore the globe with them with the aim to get everyone on the road as well.
So, there is my list! Have I missed anyone? Is there an Aussie Travel Blogger you just love and want to have included in this list. By all means please comment below so I can check them out.
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE!